The book explains 6 principles that make ideas to stick - Simplicity, Unexpectedness, Credibility, Concreteness, Emotions & Stories (SUCCESs).
Key takeaways from the book are :
- Six principles that make ideas stick - simplicity, unexpectedness, credibility, emotions, concreteness and stories
- Naturally sticky ideas are full of concrete images - because our brains are wired to remember visuals
- Research shows that mentally rehearsing a situation helps us perform better when we encountered that situation in the physical environment
- Common sense is the enemy of sticky messages. When messages sound like common sense, they float gently in one ear and out the other
- To get the facts, you tracked down the 5 Ws - Who, What, When, Why and Where
- Abstractness makes it harder to understand an idea and remember it. Concreteness helps us to avoid these problems.
This book gives you techniques that you can use in your next speech or presentation.
Author's website: http://heathbrothers.com/