Key takeaways from the book are:
- Extending yourself to people feels risky, but the benefits are well worth the discomfort
- Think about what you have in common with people at an event before you get there. Identifying the common ground can help you break the ice
- The people who are the most successful at working a room are those who genuinely like, respect and trust other people
- Have different self-introductions for different events
- Eye contact and being in the moment are critical in building rapport
- A sincere interest in people is the most important part of being a good conversationalist.
- Always introduce the “less important” person to the “more important” person
- Talk to those different from you… as you would talk to those who are LIKE you
This book is worth a quick read.
Author's website: http://www.susanroane.com/
Post a Comment