Key takeaways from the book are:
- Good to great transformation process: Disciplined people, disciplined thoughts and disciplined actions
- People are not the company’s important assets. The right people are.
- You can accomplish anything in life, provided that you do not mind who gets the credit
- Confront the brutal facts, but yet never lose the faith
- The executives who ignited the good to great transformation first got the right people on the bus, the wrong people off the bus and then figured out how to drive it.
- The right people will do the right things and deliver the best results they’re capable of, regardless of the incentive system
- Put your best people on your biggest opportunities and not on your biggest problems.
- Stop doing lists are important than todo lists
- Doing what you are good at, will only make you good. Focusing solely on what you can potentially do better than other organizations is the only path to greatness.